Senior Analyst, Operational Excellence
As a Senior Analyst within our Operations Team, you will play a crucial role in providing support to the internal teams as well as portfolio companies. Acting as a central point of contact between our investment teams and operations team, you will be responsible for facilitating seamless communication and collaboration, ensuring our success
- Financial Modeling and Storytelling: Develop and maintain comprehensive financial models for portfolio companies, using data analysis to derive actionable insights. Utilize storytelling techniques to effectively communicate financial analyses and strategies to stakeholders.
- Facilitator/ambassador of best practices: Champion best practices and operational excellence, fostering collaboration and alignment with cross-functional teams to enhance a more unified approach, while providing valuable insights and innovative suggestions. Act as a primary liaison for the Novacap knowledge committee, documenting key insights, action items and decisions discussed during the meetings and disseminating key information to relevant stakeholders. Facilitate follow-ups to ensure the execution of action items. Create and deliver compelling presentations to convey complex information and recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Financial Tools and Effectiveness: Ensure the seamless utilization of financial tools and systems throughout the life cycle of companies within the portfolio, in collaboration with Novacap teams. Continuously assess and improve the effectiveness of these tools.
- Problem-Solving and Synthesis: Apply a structured problem-solving approach to tackle complex challenges and generate innovative solutions. Utilize synthesis skills to analyze diverse data points and provide comprehensive recommendations, as well as providing regular reports and insights to senior management.
- Communication, coaching and facilitation: Provide training and resources to collaborators in regard to initiatives and best practices.
Requirements ( skill set)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience (typically 3+ years) of relevant experience, ideally in management consulting, private equity or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in financial modeling and analysis
- Proficiency in problem-solving methodologies, ensuring structured and effective decision-making. Capacity to synthesize information from diverse sources to form comprehensive insights and solutions.
- Strong synthesis skills to distill complex data into actionable insights.
- Proven discernment and smart decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a self-starter.
- Excellent judgment and collaborative approach to working with diverse teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, promoting effective communication and relationship-building.
- Valuing teamwork and mutual success.
If you are a highly skilled professional seeking to make a significant impact in the private equity industry, we encourage you to join our team at Novacap and help shape a brighter future.